The Bike Lane Satisfaction Guarantee-
Policies & Shipping
The Bike Lane Satisfaction Guarantee
We stand behind everything we sell. The Bike Lane staff is expertly trained to give you the best customer service. Our goal is to provide you with the most knowledgable advice so that you can achieve your cycling goals, whatever those may be.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days and we'll replace it or give you a refund. Please read "Returns" below for more information.
If there’s a problem with something you purchased from us, please bring it back to one of our stores. All of the products we sell come with excellent manufacturer warranties. With a receipt, refunds or exchanges are offered on all items except bicycles within 15 days of purchase. Items must be in new condition and include all original packaging. Only exchanges are offered on bicycles, and only within 30 days of purchase. Labor fees are not refundable.
For in-store purchases, The Bike Lane will accept returns of any unused item with its original packaging within 15 days of purchase:
- All refunds on returns require a cash register receipt.*
- Credit card purchases will normally be refunded to the same card.
- Cash purchases up to $50 will be refunded in cash.
- Other refunds will be paid by check and mailed from our office.
- Returns of special orders (for items that we normally do not stock) may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 20% plus actual freight costs incurred.
- The Bike Lane Gift Cards are good for store credit at all our locations, but they are not redeemable for cash.
* If you do not have a receipt, we will gladly look up a copy in our system. Even if your name did not appear on the original receipt, we may be able to find it with added details such as date or time of purchase.
If there’s a problem with merchandise you purchased from us online, you can either bring it to our store or ship it back to us. You can ship returns via Ground UPS or insured US Mail (we do not accept CODs).
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Customer is responsible for any return shipping costs.
- Merchandise returned that appears used will be subject to a restocking fee.
- Online returns must have preauthorization from a member of our store staff prior to return.
- Questions regarding our online return policy may be directed to our Reston location by phone or email. Phone: (703) 689-2671 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Three Ways to Shop with The Bike Lane
1. Browse our website for thousands of bike products and bikes. Come in to one of our locations and we will help you make your purchase.
2. Browse our website, fill your shopping cart, and make your purchase online. Pick it up at one of our locations and your shipping is FREE.
3. Browse our website, fill your shopping cart and make your purchase. Have it convienently shipped to your home. Any purchase over $99 ships for FREE. (Some restrictions apply, see below).
SHIPPING (Continental U.S.)
Orders usually ship one business day after being placed unless they need to be special ordered. We will inform you if an item will take more than 10 days to arrive. Please note that some items may be subject to additional shipping and handling charges because of size or weight.
Sorry, but we do not ship outside of the Continental U.S.
|Order Amount||Standard Shipping||In-Store Pick Up|
|Up to $98.99||$20.00||FREE|
|$99.00 and Over||FREE||FREE|
- As indicated on our web catalog, most bicycles are for sale and pickup only at The Bike Lane
and not available for shipping.
- For items that are in stock in our store locations, orders usually ship in 1–3 business days.
- For items that are available from our warehouse, orders usually ship in 1–2 weeks.
Orders requesting in-store pickup will be ready after 2:00 pm the following business day. We are happy to accommodate quicker pickup times if you would kindly call us by phone to confirm the order prior to picking it up.
To pick up your items, it is important that you present us the following in the store:
- Printed copy of your order from our web site (or just note your order number)
- Credit card in your name that you used for your purchase
- Gov't issued photo ID in your name
PRICES AND INFORMATION
Our website is intended to help you. We make every effort to maintain current, accurate prices in our online catalog. We strive for similar accuracy and timeliness with the other information we offer here. We appreciate your understanding should any of the prices or other information provided be incorrect and regret any inconvenience such mistakes may create. Please bring any errors you find to our attention on your next visit or by calling or emailing us. Thank you!
INFORMATION SECURITYWe protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all of the information you provide to us and prevents outside parties from being able to "see" your transaction information. When your account information is displayed on your screen, we only display the last five digits of your credit card numbers. You also have the choice of whether or not to save credit card information with us in your Online Account.
Occasionally, some items are unexpectedly out of stock or unavailable and may be backordered. If this should occur, we will only bill your credit card for merchandise that is actually shipped. The total shipping charge for orders split into multiple shipments will not exceed the amount quoted on the original order.