The Bike Lane Satisfaction Guarantee-
Policies & Shipping
The Bike Lane Satisfaction Guarantee
We stand behind everything we sell. The Bike Lane staff is expertly trained to give you the best customer service. Our goal is to provide you with the most knowledgable advice so that you can achieve your cycling goals, whatever those may be.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days and we'll replace it or give you a refund. Please read "Returns" below for more information.
If there’s a problem with something you purchased from us, please bring it back to one of our stores. All of the products we sell come with excellent manufacturer warranties. With a receipt, refunds or exchanges are offered on all items except bicycles within 15 days of purchase. Items must be in new condition and include all original packaging. Only exchanges are offered on bicycles, and only within 30 days of purchase. Labor fees are not refundable.
For in-store purchases, The Bike Lane will accept returns of any unused item with its original packaging within 15 days of purchase:
- All refunds on returns require a cash register receipt.*
- Credit card purchases will normally be refunded to the same card.
- Cash purchases up to $50 will be refunded in cash.
- Other refunds will be paid by check and mailed from our office.
- Returns of special orders (for items that we normally do not stock) may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 20% plus actual freight costs incurred.
- The Bike Lane Gift Cards are good for store credit at all our locations, but they are not redeemable for cash.
* If you do not have a receipt, we will gladly look up a copy in our system. Even if your name did not appear on the original receipt, we may be able to find it with added details such as date or time of purchase.
If there’s a problem with something you purchased from us online, you can either bring it to our store or ship it back to us. You can ship returns via Ground UPS or insured US Mail (we do not accept CODs). We will refund shipping costs on damaged or incorrect merchandise. Merchandise returned that appears used will be subject to a restocking fee.
Returns over $100 must have a return authorization number clearly marked on the outside of the package. A return authorization number can be obtained by phone or e-mail from Tony Hernandez at our Reston Location (Mon–Fri 10:00–4:00 Eastern Time): 703.689.2671or Sales@thebikelane.com
Three Ways to Shop with The Bike Lane
1. Browse our website for thousands of bike products and bikes. Come in to one of our locations and we will help you make your purchase.
2. Browse our website, fill your shopping cart, and make your purchase online. Pick it up at one of our locations and your shipping is FREE.
3. Browse our website, fill your shopping cart and make your purchase. Have it convienently shipped to your home. Any purchase over $99 ships for FREE. (Some restrictions apply, see below).
SHIPPING (Continental U.S.)
Orders usually ship one business day after being placed unless they need to be special ordered. We will inform you if an item will take more than 10 days to arrive. Please note that some items may be subject to additional shipping and handling charges because of size or weight.
Sorry, but we do not ship outside of the Continental U.S.
|Order Amount||Standard Shipping||In-Store Pick Up|
|Up to $98.99||$20.00||FREE|
|$99.00 and Over||FREE||FREE|
- As indicated on our web catalog, most bicycles are for sale and pickup only at The Bike Lane
and not available for shipping.
- For items that are in stock in our store locations, orders usually ship in 1–3 business days.
- For items that are available from our warehouse, orders usually ship in 1–2 weeks.