The Wald 582 sets the standard for ingenuity when it comes to rear baskets. Mounting to the side of many rear racks, this nimble basket is the perfect size for packing 1-2 bags of groceries while balancing your load. When not in use, the base of the basket pivots up allowing the side walls to collapse. A simple clamp at the top keeps the basket out of your way when not in use.
Available in plated (582), black (582BL), and white (582WH) finishes.
- Made in U.S.A. (Maysville, KY)
- Baskets clamp to most rear racks up to 1/2" diameter
- When not in use the base of the basket pivots up allowing the side walls to collapse making the collapsed basket 1" thick
- A simple clamp at the top keeps the basket out of your way when collapsed
- Extended basket is 12 3/4" front to back x 7 1/4" side to side x 8 1/2" deep
- 582 Baskets have a Zinc Plated Finish; 582BL and 582WH Baskets have a Powder Coat Finish
- Complete basket weighs 2.8 lbs.
Read 1 ReviewsWrite a Review
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
- A paper grocery bag fits
- Clamp is not good
- Not waterproof
- Very heavy
- City bikes
Reviewed by 1 customers
Displaying reviews 1
- A Paper Grocery Bag Fits
- Wears Easily
- Clamp Is Not Good
- Not Waterproof
- Very Heavy
- City Bikes
These are great for going to the grocery or commuting, but they are very heavy. They rust, even with just air moisture--not rain--and the sides can become very difficult to fold in. One of the wires on the side broke on mine, so i have to struggle to fold it closed. The "simple clamp" that keeps it closed when not in use is anything but simple to use. I'm a woman and i have a hard time getting my finger in there to pull the clamp out. Wish these were made out of aluminum.